Our building has a long history with its foundations pre-dating the original farm house, which when built, was on the edge of Georgian Wellingborough. The building became a boarding-house for Wellingborough school and then, much extended in Victorian times, became the residence of one Mr Sharman Esq: an eminent local solicitor. In the early 1900’s the house was split into separate residencies, and the council operated offices from our part of the building before business use took over.
In 1999 Linda and Charles Callis took on the building to operate as ‘Callistherapy’, a centre offering complementary therapies and, more especially, to give a home to Neuro-Muscular Transmission (NMT); a therapy devised by Linda over many years.
In May 2013 the building and business was purchased by the Tobin family, who have lived next-door for 25 years, and the business was renamed Oxford Street Therapy Centre. The family are keenly supporting the development of the centre whilst ensuring that its original ethos continues to flourish.
The Oxford Street Therapy Centre provides treatment for a very wide range of conditions using a variety of complementary therapies. Our therapists are all fully qualified professionals.